Thursday, October 29, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
On Friday, October 23rd, ArtWorks Apprentices hosted a reception for all the people who agreed to be the subject of their individual portraits. Apprentices introduced their subject to the team, and several neighborhood association representatives also attended.
Apprentices then interviewed their subject using a list of questions the team created, in order to learn more about each subject. They also photographed each subject from a variety of angles to gather images that will help them create their portrait. Finally, they asked their subject to send them additional personal photos to add to their portraits. It was a great time and so wonderful meeting all the talented & committed people who live and work in our communities and try to make our city a better place for everyone!
Friday, October 16, 2009
This week our team focused on:
- Picking our subject for our portait.
- Learning new painting technique.
- Realistic figure drawing.
- Developing better team building skills.
- We had a demonstration on portrait drawing from our Lead Artist Brad Bernard.
- We're getting our first performance feedback on how we're progressing :)
- We received our work uniforms.
- We got our first pay checks. :)
- We learned how to be responsible with our income(i.e Bank Account vs Check Cashing Places.)
So far we've learned how to communicate effectively with our teamates, open up to each other, help each other out with different tasks (Constructive criticism), and now we're ready to go out and connect with our subjects which are positive influences in our neighborhoods and communities.